Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer Band

No, summer band is not me having to retake it like summer school. It's more like a privilage! Anyways, It started Wednesday! Mr. Weed is teaching us (us= mostly highschoo kids, and handfull of seventh graders, and about 5 sixth graders). (and for those who don't know: Mr. Weed is the second coolest-radicalist-awesome-est-gnarly band teacher in the whole world!(ms.Moulder is the first)) We are going to march in FULL UNIFORM!! How about that?! He gave us a whole bunch of pep band music, and the two peices we're gonna play: "America" and "Louie Louie". "America" sounds kinda like "My Country 'Tis of Thee", and "Louie, Louie" just sounds so awesome! If you have Just Dance #1 then it's on there! Taylor (my fellow baritone-ist) and I, when we get lost, we just kinda sit there and look at eachother, laugh, then try to figure out how in the world we play the music. It's kinda funny, really.

Yesterday, Mike, Mom, and I went over to Piano Gallery. We looked at the trombones! it was so cool, cuz i'm thinking about getting this trombone with a little key thing... that I can't remember what it's called. Anyway, I talked to Mr. Weed about getting one, and he said that I probly shouldn't get one 'till 8th grade. (Ha.... well I'm gonna be so good I'll need one next year.) As far as I've seen on You Tube, all the really good people have those... so apparently I'll be needing one soon. Not to brag or anything.

4 comments: